Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rumney Bouldering: Day Two

Today, I got in a few solid hours of bouldering before we headed off to Maine. First we went back to the main boulder area below Waimea and then stopped by a smaller area on the other side of the town of Rumney. I was able to onsite two V5's, onsite two V7's, and do a V9. I also gave Satan on a Half Shell a few more goes and it felt a bit better but still no send. I also tried another V10 at the smaller area called Loomit, that was by and far the coolest hard climb I tried at Rumney. Big holds, with really cool drop knees, toe hooks, and other various trickery to climb out a roof. I tried a couple of V6's but they all shut me down. As per JJ's request, here are some photos:

Jerry's Traverse, V7, Onsite

Satan on a Half Shell

EDCL, V2

Loomit, V10

Metallic, V7, Onsite. Very cool crimping, but if this is V7 then Pyramid Power is V10

Dave's Variation, V9. Zig Zag Crack is just to the left of me.

Spraguesorus, V5, onsite. While the face does not look super solid, it is bomber and holds some of the coolest crimps I have held in Rumney.

The amazing swooping lip of Spraguesorus, just one of the cool features that the schist rock produces here.

Child Prodigy, V6. Couldn't quite get this one, but still cool moves on good rock. I have decided that I very much so enjoyed the moderate bouldering that Rumney had to offer but it was the hard end of the spectrum that I found not very interesting climbing.

1 comment:

sock hands said...

loomit looks four stars for sure. word. thanks for the photo dose. in five minutes i will search out another like a crackfiend. you holding?