Friday, May 30, 2008

Equinox: Day 2

While Mr. Sock Hands is well on his way to a post-seshwan feast, I just finished up my second wish-listed climb of 2008. I woke up a bit before six and found myself below Equinox just before eight am. It was about thirty degrees cooler than Tuesday and I was psyched to see if things felt better. Twenty minutes later, I found myself on top of the boulder and it not feeling especially hard to get there. Needless to say, I was very happy. I decided to move over to Dave's Problem, a powerful and core intensive V10, and was able to quickly figure all the moves out. I fell going to the lip a few times, which is a crux move on link, and felt worked. Having other things to do in Seattle, I packed up and figured I would be back fresh next week with a whole new amount of psych a la Ander. Here is a video of the send, the editing could be a bit cleaner but the software I am using at home sucks so I called it good at this:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ah snap........nice vid and nice send homie. What you got to go bouldering by yourself, and are you using a la parents camrea??????? Redgardless I dig!!!!!

hayden said...

yeah it was a solo mission. all my climbing friends either still have a few more weeks of school or have to work during the week right now. headed to leavenworth with bret and boyko tomorrow, psyched for that and then ander gets here on wednesday. as for the camera, its my dad's little point and shoot digital camera but it does a pretty good job of video.

Unknown said...

word on that little point and shoot digi camera!!!!! Went solo up to the pass this morning, sicky cloud cover and cool breeze got me all juiced up, 6 problems in 45 min. tick list is as follows:
*2 warm up on ant can 1st go
*ant can arete 1st go
*problem right of skinned 1st go
*crack in the woods sit-dyno var 3rd go
*low ball crack-onsight-fought harder then expected
I will keep the strength exercises going hard as they are proving to be working so that apon your return the sessions will be intense.

sock hands said...

psyched on the hayden vid and the byron news x10, bishes, etc.

WORD