Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Great Barrington: Big, Big Love

Brayton and I arrived back in Boston on Sunday to meet up with my parents that were at a conference there. My dad headed back to Seattle the next day and my mom and I are staying in New England until the following Saturday, when it is my cousin's graduation. My mom, being the unwaivering supporter of my climbing, graciously agreed to come along to a few of the climbing destinations I wanted to check out. We headed to Great Barrington Monday afternoon, only for me to get stumped by an hour and a half of wandering in the woods trying to find the Speed boulder. That evening I got more precise directions from Brayton and Max Zolotukhin to the boulder and easily found it the next morning. I was psyched to do a problem called Big, Big Love. It is a V8 with some awesome toe and heel trickery. It starts on some good holds where you gain a toe-heel cam and do a big move up to a good but small crimp then do a one arm type move to another crimp before some core dependent lip moves. Overall a classic and amazing problem.





2 comments:

sock hands said...

mamma miller's photo skillz rival! perhaps i should give your mom my photo beta of calling you a hippy and generally heckling you into casual sends of hard stuff?

Unknown said...

hey heyden
next time you are in g.b. I'd be happy to show you much more great stuff. theres a lifetime of climbing here. drop me a line next time
be well
tim