Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pretentious Vendor of Invention

So Ryan Silven put this one up back in April. He graded it V9+ and said it was hard. Well I am here to say that I agree with him, it is very hard. As to the grade, I do not know. Both the start and finish moves I have not been able to decipher. I have been climbing with Kieffer a lot in the last six months and he commented that he had never seen me try something as many times as I did this rig today. All that being said, the problem is a clean line on good rock and with awesome movement. The only way I was able to do the start leaves me in the wrong position for the middle section and I am pretty sure my method differs from what worked for Ryan. As for the top, I am equally baffled. The last two photos show different top sequences I was trying. I invite anyone to go give this rig a try and let me know what is up.





No comments: