Saturday, August 15, 2009

Photos from the Archives: Switzerland

In the summer of 2005, I traveled to the Ticino region of Switzerland with my family. My dad was on a month long sabbatical studying the regional style of architecture found there. The region is one of the most famous in the world for its modern style of design. In between looking at buildings, I got up to Cresciano a couple days. The area was empty and the temperatures were far above ideal but it was an awesome trip anyways. I climbed my first outdoor V6 (a lowball lip traverse). I also got to see Dreamtime, which looked absolutely impossible to me at the time (when I looked at the backside of the boulder, I did not even realize Story of Two Worlds was a line despite the fact that Graham had climbed it about six months previous to me being there). Until I returned to the states and did a bit more research, I did not realize that at other times of my trip I was within kilometers of Chironico, Magic Wood, and Sustenpass.

My first V6. I am still surprised I could hold those slopers in the summer heat.

Falling on Harry Spotter (V6)

Some V5 I do not remember the name of.

No comments: