Saturday, August 8, 2009

New Finds

I have always wanted to wander around above a small talus area that you pass just before the Atari sector. I convinced Byron and Sam to stop there today with me and we uncovered some really nice boulders. I was able to get the first ascent of one of them and am naming it Blood F**king, a reference to a particularly brutal scene in HBO's vampire television show True Blood. I have decided people take naming boulder problems too seriously (well, actually I have decided people take bouldering too seriously) and enjoy naming problems things that make people feel uncomfortable. The line goes around V5 and is a really fun compression block to a long, still-needs-to-be-cleaned-better slab. By the time we got to climbing on this one, it was pretty hot and Byron was not really feeling it too much so I did not get any great pictures. But the somewhat jumbled sequence below gives a good idea of the nature of the climb.





No comments: