Friday, September 4, 2009

Colorado College Alpine Journal

This summer the Climber's Association of Colorado College finally got our act together and published the 2007 Colorado College Alpine Journal. I have no idea how many hours I put into this calling printers, learning publishing formats, and and trying to make decisions with five other people all living in different places but we did it. Special thanks go out to Michael Wejchert, Joe Forrester, Dave Hoven, and Matt Franco for all their hard work. We have set up a much better organized set of procedures to ensure that the 2008-2009 school year journal is printed in early 2010. Stay tuned. Overall, the journal came out beautifully and I was happy to have a photo I took of a sunset over the Bridger Jacks and North and South Six Sooter be used for the cover image. I also wrote a short trip report on my sophomore year winter break trip to California, where a huge winter storm that dumped 4+ feet of snow on Bishop drastically changed my plans. Accompanying the story was a photo that Ryan Nieto took of me on Evilution. If you are interested in a copy of the journal, please feel free to contact me.


3 comments:

Kate T-C said...

Wow, looks really nice. There's a climber's association at CC? I'll be co-teaching a block 2 class on climate change this year, and I was wondering where to find a climbing gym in Colorado Springs?

hayden said...

Hey Kate. CACC runs the college's climbing gym, which is a pretty nice place as far as college gyms go. Membership is 30 bucks a semester but we could probably cut a different deal if you are only here for second block. The sport climbing center is about 10 minutes north of campus. Not sure how much it is but its definitely a lot bigger.

sock hands said...

SIKBURD!