Friday, May 29, 2009

Leavenworth and Index

My dad had a meeting at the Sleeping Lady in Leavenworth today and I was able to bum a ride up there and do some climbing. Due to our 5:30 am departure from Seattle, I got some reasonable conditions and did Fridge Left, Center, and Right (V8, V4, V4) quickly. I headed over to Droppin' the Kirshbaum (V10) next and, after redeciphering the tricky sequence, had some good goes before my skin gave way to the rock. I rest of the morning I fooled around on some moderates in the nearly 90 degree sun. We drove back to Seattle on Highway 2 and I got a chance to stop at Midnite, a great new problem from Joel Cambell in Index. I qucikly figured a sequence out that worked for me up but fell about 8 inches short on the dyno to the lip. For those of you who enjoy my Washington updates, you should check out Kelly Sheridan's blog NW Granite. Kelly and crew are responsible for nearly all the developement of new problems in Washington and his blog will always be at least six months ahead of anything you will see here. Below are stome photos on me on the opening moves of Midnite and you can also check Kelly's video of Kyle doing the problem here.



No comments: