Monday, August 4, 2008

Leavenworth Weekend

Owen and I planned on heading to Squamish this weekend but a huge rockslide has blocked the road for the last five days so we changed our plans to Leavenworth. Bryan, who hurt his finger at his canary job in Alaska, decided to come along anyway, and Chris Sintra joined us from Bend, Oregon. Saturday morning we worked Dropping the Kirshbaum, Beautification, and The Lonely Fish. Despite some good goes on things, there were no sends. Next, we headed to Pretty Hate Machine. I had been told to get on this line many times and after nagging all morning got the crew to rally and head up the hill. On my 4th go I stuck the lip of the bloc and while moving my foot feel. After another 25 or so attempts and watching Chris and Owen hike the problem, I was able to finish it off. We got Chris on WAS, and The Sail, and I tried Cloaca but none got sent. Due to the high traffic in Icicle Canyon, we headed up to Mountain Home to camp. After dinner we went down to the boulders and I did the Cattlegaurd Arete and on my second go did Darth Vader. Chris also flashed the line heading left from the start hold of the Darth Maul traverse. The next day we tried Kobe Ty, The Practioner and the Coffee Cup with no success. After saying farewells to Chris, we headed back to Seattle via Highway 2 and stopped at the Index River Boulders. Owen finished up the line we worked last week and I attempted my arete project but could not link the moves. Check back for lots of photos to come.

No comments: