Saturday, March 29, 2008

Since break...

          We got back to Colorado College on Sunday night and since then I have had very little productive climbing activity but I have been out a bunch.  On Monday I went to the pass with Tim where he fell off the mantle jugs of Ship's Prow.  Shortly after that, we received a call to see if we could work at the gym. Apparently none of the lame CC gym employees would work a simple hour shift so Tim and I had to come back to keep the gym from having to close.  Just a note fools, when you prevent me from climbing outside because you are lazy it does not reflect well upon yourselves when you are trying to get hired back next year.  
         The next day Byron and I went to the pass so I could try the Green Lantern and Byron could finish his one arm project up.  Byron blew off the finish jug a number of times, a feat that I would peg with at least 8 points.  He will send next session for sure.  I also repeated Skinned in the Woods twice and finally was able to complete the V7 left of Herbaceous Orangutan.  I then went up to the Green Lantern but was thwarted by the heat of the day.  Those slimpers were not meant for 60 degree weather.  However, in addition to trying to climb a series of frustrating events probably made this my worst day at the pass.
         On Thursday, Ander and I went to check out the climbing conditions of some blocks down by where Chris lives but many of them were still snowy due to late season storms that have hit Southern Colorado.  Tomorrow it is off for a second attempt at finding Scalius and maybe some goes on Chill Style.

3 comments:

BoulderDiaries said...

Damn those finishing holds on Ships Prow. I too have fallen victim to the V1 topout.

Unknown said...

That is a brilliant photo!

Yes, I can empathize with your gym pain. When I volunteered years ago at a climbing wall at a YMCA, I encountered such unreliable people. One time on my own free time there climbing, I canned some guy because he was too busy talking about a jam band and hitting on some chick. In the meanwhile some guy with very bad English had his belay device completely effed up. I ran over, clove hitched into the guy and got the mess squared away. I was seeing red I was so pissed.

Byron's invited me down to Newlin one of these days. Can't wait to lose precious tips and succumb to gravity's heavy touch down there!

hayden said...

thanks for the positive feedback plexus. i am psyched to session at newlin this spring and look forward to meeting you!