Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Another day at Ute

Today was another beautiful day in Southern Colorado.  Clear skies, a slight breeze, and cool-ish temps.  Byron and myself got up to the pass and met Chirs Gatzke, Max, Ben, and new Colorado resident Ryan Nieto, and were subsequently joined by Ander.   Cool Cuts for Tojo (V9) saw its 15th and 16th ascents (by my count) by Max and then later by Ander.  Needless to say, both were psyched!  After Chris put some good burns into both Cool Cuts and Ship's Prow Sit and Ben Max and Ryan decided to bail on climbing outside for some plastic squeezing, we walked over to The Green Lantern.  I had my best single go on the problem today, latching the slot and pausing before everything exploded apart.  Also needless to say, I am very psyched.  In the words of DG "If I do it next go I will be happy, if I do it next week I will be happy, if I do it next year I will be happy.  This is a line I am going to keep trying until I do it." And due to the nature of the move, it could be next go and it could be next year.  All I can say is that I hope it stays cold for a bit longer.

3 comments:

sock hands said...

nice! photos? i'll have the remainder of my 11mile stuff up by week's end.

word!

hayden said...

unfortenatly not from me but some can be found on ryans blog of cool cuts and ships prow from yesterday. check it:

http://theboulderdiaries.typepad.com/

BoulderDiaries said...

Hey I had to go check out all the great problems you guys set for the comp!

The blog is at www.boulderdiaries.com