Monday, February 18, 2008

A Good Day at the Pass

After ABS Nationals, my friend Owen Anderson was down in the Springs looking at Colorado College and wanted to check out some of the local bouldering.  We headed up to the pass around 2:30 and I figured I would show him the Cool Cuts boulder first.  Owen flashed Cool Cuts for Tojo Stand (V5), then did Cool Cuts Direct (V7) 3rd go.  He then set to work on Cool Cuts for Tojo (V9) and managed to send in less than an hour.  Not a bad first day at the Pass.  I decided I was going to attempt to send the whole Cool Cuts boulder in a day.  I managed to do everything first go, which includes Daddy Fat Sacks (V11/12), Cool Cuts for Tojo (V9), Cool Cuts Direct (V7), Cool Cuts for Tojo Stand (V5), The Funfetti Arete (V2), and Cool Cuts Stand (V1). We then headed over to Megaton, where Owen gave two good attempts on the traverse but decided the endurancy line was not for him today.  Next up was the Bloody Arete, which Owen came agonizingly close to sending.  I did the sit (V10) third go.  We finished up the day at the Talledega Nights project, where I was able to stick the first of the two crux moves.  This was only my second time doing so and I am excited to return tomorrow and try to finish off this project.

Bloody Arete Stand (V8)

Cool Cuts for Tojo (V9)

Cool Cuts Direct (V7)

1 comment:

sock hands said...

holy cripes. it is clear that i will not even be able to hang in march.

damn, hayden!

also: good shots