Saturday, February 2, 2008

Friday at the Pass

On Friday Ben Max Julia and myself headed up to the pass.  It was a little warm for the Green Lantern but since I was the only one who had been there, we decided to go and check it out.   Just after warming up, Byron showed up, and as usual brought with him some good beta.  Julia did awesome on the stand start, which is V4/5.  She hiked the moves that Ben and Max did not do but due to her hight was forced to jump for a lip, which she did not seem overly psyched on trying to do.  The full sit felt much more doable than when I tried it last year but I still was not able to stick the crux move.  I hit the hold on the crux move a few times but either my left hand would pick or my right would not be deep enough into the slot. Ben attempted a line heading out left from the start of the Green Lantern but after a few burns broke a key hold.  After the two slippers got too greasy we headed to the Horseshoe Stratler.  We tried a number of different methods and there are two ways that seem promising to me.  Stay tuned for a full Stratler post.  For now here are a few photos of Julia, Max and Ben up at the Lantern.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

note to file: Ben did not break the crimp Dave used, that grimp is down and left. See close up pic of slimpers!

Unknown said...

my bad!!!!!!!! down and right!!!!!!!!