Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Font Days Two Three and Four

I woke up after my first day in Font completely stiff and sore, something I cannot remember being from climbing outside ever. My second day was a rough one, where I struggled on many climbs in the 7a to 7b range and only ended up sending Helicopter, a very fun 7a with a dynamic last move to a jug. My attempts with this climbed ended in me falling on my back and missing the crash pad last trip, so I was a little hesitant on the last move which I assume, due to the swing one takes, is what gave the climb its name. The rest of the day was spent trying new and old things and meeting a few French climbers who were both nice and extremely strong (as in 50+ years old and climbing 7c+). After not feeling my best I decided to take the next day off. We went into Fontainebleau and toured the chateau, an enormous complex that served as the King's escape from Paris. Late in the afternoon I eneded up returning to Bas Cuvier for an hour and wsa able to do Biceps Mau 7b, Holly Molly 7a+, and an unnamed 7a. For Christmas today I was able to get out for a bit and decided to go to Col de Chien, the home of one of the best blocs in Font. I had wanted to do Total Eclipse and after watching Dave Graham effortlessly cruise the bottom section of this climb over and over I felt that it would unlock itselve upon my arrival. Well this did not go as planned and the roof baffled me as much as it had on my last visit. I worked a number of the climbs that go out various sections of this well featured bloc and at the very end of the day I was able to climb Eclipse, 7c. This is one of my favorite climbs I have ever done and the movement is as good as any out there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NICE UPDATE CLOWN ASS SUCKA!!!!When you going to be back state side?

hayden said...

i fly into denver on the 3rd of january, and then am off to san fran and bishop on the 4th till the 20th