Monday, April 6, 2009

Where the Wild Things Aren't

        Nathan, Tim and I went to Elevenmile today to work stuff at the couch boulder.  I got to one move before the lip on the center line but fell, however I do not think the topout would have been doable anyway due to ice.  Today was the first day that I actually thought that the problem might be easier than the last time I tried it.  Looks to be about V9.
        The better news is that I was able to complete the left line on the couch boulder, establishing the blocks first line. I am calling it 'Where the Wild Things Aren't" and it felt to be about V7 or V8.  This is my first really high quality FA in a month or so and it felt good to stand on top of something new.  Here are some photos of Tim and Nathan working the moves.





4 comments:

sock hands said...

dry for sat or sun? more storm systems driving me crazy

hayden said...

weekend looks bad in the so co

Justin said...

I don't remember receiving your application to name this problem "Where the Wild Things Are." Let me double check... Nope, name denied, try again.

hayden said...

thats cool. i actually like max krimmer's misinterpretation of the name "where the wild things arnt" better anyway.