Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back in the game of things at CC

Yesterday, Byron, Nathan, Dane, Tim and I pilled into a car to go do a little rock climbing and it felt really really good to be doing so.  I had not pulled on real rock for exactly a week and I was itching to get a good pump on.  I managed to send Spew (5.12d) on my third attempt of the day and then tried to flash Rapture (5.13a).  It was a good effort but my endurance just was not up to it.  The moves all went and felt good though so hopefully next time it will be to the chains. Byron is getting back into shape with noticeable improvement in strength.  He worked the V7 on the far left of the Spray boulder, where he came agonizingly close by grazing the crux hold a number of times.  No doubt in my mind Byron will be send soon, which will be his first climb of any significant difficulty in over a year.   Tim and Nathan made some really good links on Spew and Dane got his first dose of Colorado rock after transferring to CC this year.  All and all a great session that was followed by some delicious vegetable curry.

Its been cold down in Southern Colorado recently, the river crossing was surprisingly easy!

2 comments:

sock hands said...

photo lie!

Anonymous said...

Icy temps in SoCo? Yes please. I'm over this heat. Things are starting to crisp up in these parts quite nicely though. See yall soon.