Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Very Poo Poo Day

So my worst day climbing, which so far has been at Ute Pass when my crash pad got broken in half and I could not hold onto the Green Lantern slimpers, just got ousted very radically by my day today at Gold Bar. A very sneaky and small rock (think three inches of a football shape sticking out of gravel) caught a car weighed down by three guys and broke something involving the oil. Since this occurred at around 10 am on the way to the boulders, Ander, Boyko and I decided to hike up the rest of the way and go climbing anyways as to make an immediately shitty day a little better. I managed to finish off Dave's Problem (V10) in a few trys. Ander worked War of God (V7) and God of War (V9) a little before we headed off into the forest as it warmed up. Ander did Doja (V7) quickly, while Boyko and I did Doja Low (V8). Next we headed to the Ta Ta Box (V10), which I quickly gave up on before continuing uphill to Lighten Up (V9). I had the distance on the tough lip dyno but could not commit to grabbing it. Just before it was time to deal with the car, Boyko stuck the move from the start and topped the beast out. We then got the car towed back to Seattle, where I am sure to have a fun day tomorrow dealing with it.


This was taken standing directly below Dave's Problem. Unfortunately, the off-roaders have decided to up their game and start driving directly through the clear cut talus. At least someone can drive up there and not break their car.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sorry to hear bout that shit homie, hope you get the old girl up and running again soon!