Tuesday, January 22, 2008

On the Road

Its been a while since I have made a post and I apologize, but I have been traveling a lot and have not had computer access.  In the last month, I have spent a week in Font, a week in Paris, five days in San Francisco, two days in Sacramento, a day traveling to Bishop via the widest possible methods of transportation, five days in Bishop, two in Ojai (Santa Barbara area), back to the Bay for a night, and now I am back in Colorado.  Overall, a semi epic trip but I would have to say the most interesting and diverse one I have taken.  An inspiring series of events that makes me want to spend much more unplanned time on the road.  I recently read the "non-fiction" novel Into the Wild, and in it one of the characters states that love is the most powerful force in the universe.  To that I might add compassion, but I found people's faith to be enormously large when it comes to welcoming strangers into their lives.  I thank each person who brought me into his or her home, gave me a ride, lent me change for the bus, or gave me a spot, without you my travels would not have been the same.

No comments: