Saturday, May 26, 2007

Leavenworth is the Shit

I got back to Seattle from Colorado on Wednesday and Thursday afternoon I headed out to Leavenworth on the east side of the Cascades. I think this place might be some of my favorite granite I have climbed on. Boyko and I headed to the Beach first with the intention of me doing Goicoechea (V10) while I was fresh as to not have to return later to finish it off. Things worked out and I was able to send in a few hours. Next we went to Mad Meadows we I was able to do The Sail (V9) and then worked The Hueco Project and The Ram to no avail. At Mad Meadows we ran into a crew from Portland including Adam and Kendra. We camped with them and the next day went to Forrestland where I saw many of the classic climbs I have heard about. Worked this V10 for a while but could get all the moves and then Boyko ran up this highball V6 with a hard topout. Next we sessioned The Coffee Cup (V11) and The Practitioner (V12). Good progress was made on the Coffee Cup and I feel like it could go with some more work. We finished off the day with a little work on this classic unnammed V8/9 but my tips were shot so we headed back to Seattle.

Trying the first (and crux) move of Goicoechea

Boyko getting high on an unknown V6

Adam near the end of a new V10 linkup done last weekend by Jonny

Locking off on an unnammed V7 at the Beach

No comments: