Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sing the Sorrow

Justin inquired about some photos I took a while back and after using them in the Spring into Access slideshow we did, I had totally forgotten about them.  Shown is JJ sending Emerson's Sing the Sorrow.  I FA'ed the stand from two chest height holds at around V7 but it was not a super obvious start and the same day Jamie added a more logical sit.  I forget what I called the stand, but I think it will probably just end up being remembered as Sing the Sorrow Stand.  Jamie suggested V10 for his problem.  It is interesting how the influx of climbers from the north last fall brought a handful of new double digit problems to the canyon, while many of the "moderates" put up by myself and other southerners were upgraded or remain unrepeated.  But I guess that is the nature of climbing areas developing in separation by a few people.  I know I still remain totally perplexed by grades and just try to call it how it feels to me.  Anyway, we could talk about numbers all day but none of us need to hear the same shit over and over so here are the photos.



7 comments:

sock hands said...

thanks, hayden... i've just had such a climbing/media drought, i thought i'd ask!

unrepeated:
- topballs
- ewoks aren't from endor
- your other highball thing above ewoks [ah forgets the name]
- too many mind
- hollywood cole
- three barrel haai
- ander's sloping slick thing in the creek [silven finally repeated your slick thing]
- meatwallet
- silven's late season send of the arete on the backside of the old guard block

what else?

hayden said...

of my things:
-top balls
- ewoks aren't from endor
-tick, tack attacktics (biggest line on talus block that tj originally looked at)
-peanut butter pudding surprise (compression line on talus boulder)
- unnamed v5 on far, far left side of wall of despair

hayden said...

oh and the green iguana but thats pretty new and i would not expect a repeat yet

affirmative action said...

this is silven-i managed a repeat of green iguana the day after i talked to you about it hayden. i also chalked up what i guess would be a low start to the unrepeated v5 on the wall of despair. sick compression but terrible, sloping landing.

Werdna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Werdna said...

TB had sent Silvens new line on the old guard block. I think he said, "It was still pretty dirty." I am pretty sure like 95%

deleted user said...

I don't know whre any of those problems are but I would be psyched to try all of them, and of course I would be happy to upgrade them :)