Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Turkey Rocks

Nearly a year has passed since I became interested in traditional climbing and I have been harassed the entire time by my friends that I HAVE to go to Turkey Rocks.  I finally got out there this weekend with Rich, Jess, Noah, Hale, Tim and Ted.  It was a great day.  My first climb there turned into an epic when Noah forgot to mention the two fixed nuts 40 feet up were the anchors and I ended almost a whole rope length up, out of gear, with no anchors in sight.  I backed up a good #2 with a chockstone and lowered the rope to the ground to get some gear then Noah climbed up and we topped the Turkey Tail out.  I also did an awesome 5.12- second try and flashed In Search of Unicorns 5.11c.   Unicorns was the best trad climb I have done on granite and I am excited to spend some more time up at Turkey throughout the summer.  If Hale gets around to sending me some photos, I will post them up.

No comments: