Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Black Canyon

Sorry I have been slow to post recently.  On Saturday, Rich and I drove out to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison to climbing Astrodog (5.11+, 14 pitches).  Having had two good friends get seriously injured in the Black I was pretty nervous rapping into the 2000 foot canyon with no way back out but to climb up.  However, everything went smoothly and Rich and I topped out just before it got dark.  The Black is one of the more stunning climbing areas I have been too in terms of the shear size and beauty of the area, not to mention how wild and untouched if feels.  I am very excited to have done this and am looking forward to future climbs in the Black.



1 comment:

sock hands said...

though still a bitch, you are officially now more of a man that i will ever be.