Thursday, February 26, 2009

Updates

          Been climbing outside a lot recently.  The theme has been exploration and I have put a number of off trail miles on my Freerunners. I am continually impressed at how comfortable and versatile this shoe is.  I can do everything from long trail hikes, to tricky talus jumping, to warming up in them.  The difficulty of much of Southern Colorado is getting close enough to a boulder to actually be able to see it.  Much of the time, the forest hides even the largest of blocks and it is very energy consuming chasing every potential lead you think you might see.  Byron, Brian Rhodes and I went to Elevenmile on Sunday to do a bit of exploration and cleaning.  We brushed up a large 15 footer that I found last week and climbed two lines to the lip but no one had it in them to turn the lip with the horrid landing.  With a few more pads it should go and you can expect a media update when it does.
          Then on Tuesday, Tim and I went to Garden of the Gods to try Triple Exposure.  Neither one of us had been on it and were both eager to see what it was like.  The first pitch was not quiet as chossy and everyone had said and the second pitch was perfect, powerful fingers.  I would like to avoid the hanging belay between the two pitches and do the route in the style that Brian did this summer, which goes at 5.13a.  Here is a photo of Brian on it, courtesy of Keith Ladzinski's website.

No comments: