Sunday, February 1, 2009

Updates

Sorry I have not posted too much recently.  Between my pinkie and knee, climbing has not been a great option.  Tonight I leave for 10 days in Hawaii for my Volcanology class.  We will be on the Big Island, mostly around Volcano National Park, but should get to see a good chunk of the island.  I return next Wednesday and immediately head down to Hueco for five days.  It will be the first time I have climbed on problems not graded by myself or others I climb with and I am very curious to see how things feel.  My knee should be better by then and I will also be able to use my left pinkie again.  I will post a bunch upon returning to the Springs.

2 comments:

NM said...

I lived on the big island in '98.
big island is dope yo. you should check out Kona, Kealakekua, Captain Cook (good snorkeling), ...Hapuna Beach is good

...if you do the hotel circuit, you can sneak into the badass water slides/pools of the Hilton Waikaloa about 50% of the time without being caught and asked to leave

have a good time, just DON"T do 2 things:

a. take rocks from the island (bad luck fo real...I'm just looking out 4 you.)

b. leave without spending some time with the kama'aina- the locals. They are some of the kindest people in the world if you keep it real with 'em.

vibe with the aina ("land")

God Bless.

sock hands said...

if you take rock from the islands before it becomes rock is that bad luck, or GOOD luck?

i.e. i want hayden to get some lava and shape a bunch of holds for me with it.

because he can always find sneaky cheat beta, i believe he can do this without combusting.