Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yes, its really that good!

So I have been trying to explain to my friends how good the climbs and quality of rock in Washington really is and I think I finally figured out how to say it best: Gold Bar makes Mt Evans look like Ute Pass. The granite in Washington has this amazing fine grained texture to it that is unlike any other granite I have been on. It is grippy without one ever having to focus on hitting crystals correctly. Below is Damien at the end of Rosbongo on the Five Star boulder. The Five Star boulder is a true world class bloc. I would rank it among the Dali Wall, the Mushroom boulder, and the They Call Him Jordan bloc for quantity of quality climbs.

2 comments:

sock hands said...

how far is this shiz from a major airport?

hayden said...

gold bar is 1 hour from seattle, leavenworth is on the other side of the mountains and is two hours from seattle. and for reference squamish is 3-4 hours from seattle.