Saturday, November 24, 2007

Early Morning Sesh

Today Bryan and I woke up at 5:30 and headed to Gold Bar. We arrived at the Equinox boulder at 7:45 just as it was warming up to a climbable temp. I went to work on Twisted and had my beta dialed in pretty quick. After falling a few times up high on the easier moves, I was able to put everything together and send. It is hard to describe how good this climb really is, but I will say this: the rock is better than anything I have climbed on in Colorado. Next, Bryan and I tried Equinox a little but I was not very motivated and we decided to move on. We played around on some other classic lines but decided to go get on some new things we have never tried before. We went to this line that Joel put up on this immaculate overhanging face. The problem turned out to be pretty hard and we decided to move up. We tried two other more moderate problems but both were located in the forest and were a little wet so neither ended up going. Here are some pictures of Equinox and Joel's line. Twisted video to come.


No comments: