Sunday, October 7, 2007

Late Season Mission to Area D

After a long and tiring session in Clear Creek on Friday, a whole crew of CC kids headed up to Mt Evans to wake up early Saturday morning. I decided that any possibility of reaching the rumored greatness of the Area D blocs would be worthwhile. And I cannot say I was the least bit disappointed. I think I can actually go as far as to say that it may be the single most amazing climbing place I have ever been too. Four amazing lines each up the center of an overhanging face each with no other way to the top peached high in the valley overlooking the lower Chicago Lake. Despite a little wind, we had a gorgeous day that was even a little hot at times. Amazing for October. We finished our day by hiking down to Area A and everyone sessioned a little more. I slacked a little on taking shots cause I was so blown away by everything I saw but here are a few.

Summit Lake


Tallus below the Black Wall far above Area D


Ben on an unknown problem above Area D


Ben attempting a very hard undone roof


Ander on Slander

1 comment:

tendon said...

YO the stuff below black wall is:

Enter the Dragon v7 (problem in photo)
to the right of that is

Eye for an Eye v9/10
to the right of that is

Easy Street v4

And the boulder is called Cell Block E.

We put those up this season,
Glad you had a good time up there...

Ben