Friday, August 24, 2007

Yesterday Bret and I headed out to Gold Bar. We went to the Camp Serene Boulder first, a place neither of us had been to before. I flashed the V6 there, which is an amazing climb and also did the V4. However, the "V8" eluded both Bret and me and we ended up leaving to the Five Star boulder. I had done the two harder climbs there already so I decided to try and finish up a few of the tall and scary moderates I had not done before. However, I was able to complete nither the stunning V8 arete or the V6 face climb before darkness fell and we had to leave. I plan on returning for the V8 arete as soon as I return to Seattle because the climb is one of the best I have ever tried. Bret also send the 4 and 6 and worked out all the moves on Ebreosity and I think he should be able to send soon.

Bret under the V6 at Camp Serene


Ebreoisty with my new flash. Its a little bright here, I have not figured it all out yet.

Ebreosity


Ebreosity


Carrying lots of pads to make landings for the two moderates I tried at Five Star. Both turn the lip at a little under 20 feet and top out at around 30 with pad uneven landings.

1 comment:

sock hands said...

pad carrying hero status achieved. nice one, youngin'!

busted up the ankle again on saturday. it was punnishment for not committing to area d, despite an entire summer of vowing to make it there.

rage!