Friday, June 4, 2010

Rifle

Hey again. Remember me, its Hayden. Hopefully in the next little bit I will be able to start posting more again. Two weeks ago, I went to Rifle for the first time. I was lucky to go with my good friends Noah, Tim and Chris. Chris is a walking guidebook so it was fun to be there with him. I have to say, for all the downsides (choss, crowds, assholes), the good climbing in Rifle is really, REALLY good. Despite not climbing routes much as of late, I managed to fight my way up a single 5.10, 5.11, 5.12, and 5.13 while in the canyon for two days. I was especially psyched on sending Eurotrash (5.13b). Having climbed as hard as I ever have on a rope on my first trip to Rifle while not in great shape feels like an accomplishment. Here are some photos from the Anti-Phil wall.


No comments: