Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dream Canyon

Last Friday I headed up to Boulder for one last day of climbing on Colorado stone before heading east. I wanted to try China Doll, a route I had heard very good things about. I have to say, I was not disapointed. I met up with Chris and fellow CC alum Madeleine and we headed to the crag. We warmed up on some interesting routes to the left then got down to work. We each got some TR burns in before the line got hit by the baking sun. Chris looked very good on the extention and I would not be surprised if he ticked this as his first 5.14 (trad at that). I am psyched to train my endurance and try my luck at the first 5.13c pitch come September.

Me on a 12a to the left of China Doll (Photo: Madeleine Sorkin)

Same route again (Photo: Madeleine Sorkin)

No comments: