Monday, March 23, 2009

Zion and St George

Next it was off to Zion to do a bit of backpacking.  We headed to Kolob Canyons, which was some of the most beautiful terrain I have ever seen.  We found some truly AMAZING boulders in the backcountry.  Everything from compression blocks over the river to crimp lines up amazing 20 foot aretes.  We had some good sessions but did not top anything out.  Next, it was off to the Saint George area, where Ben Tim and I met up with Lauren and Brian for some pulling on immaculate limestone.  We spent a day and a half at Gorilla Cliffs and a day and a half at the Cathederal / Wailing Wall.  These are some of the best sport crags and I have ever been to and I would love to return one day.

The view from one of our camps in Zion Canyon

Pierre and I chilling at the Gorilla Cliffs

Sunset from Highway 91 near the Cathedral

Lauren warming up on an amazing 11c

No comments: