Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break Continues: Joe's Valley

After Ibex it was off for three days in Joe's Valley as our tour of Utah continued.  Well it turned out the word on Joe's is out and it was just about the dead opposite experience that we had just had in Ibex.  On Saturday there were over 40 people at the Black Lung boulder alone, with probably 10 more scattered at any time in the other Area 51 boulders.  That being said it turned out that a lot of the people I enjoy climbing with were there and I got to say whatup to Carlo, G, Conner, Alex, Ryan, Brian, Chuck, Rylan, Bret, and Kyle.  Everyone was sending in good form and a even a few of the larger sessions were fun, just as it did not get too big as to one getting the feeling of waiting in line.  Given that I was 7 days on rolling into Joe's both my tips and power were not that their fullest but I still had an amazing time and it just reminded me how much I love the climbing in Joe's.  I made some progress on some harder stuff but the best moment came when I was able to Flash Kehl's The Wind Below (20+ feet, V7) on our last day.  A very nice cherry on top of an already amazing trip.  Shots of that session to come.

Chuck coming very close to Black Lung before it got too hot to pull on those "holds"

G working the Lung

Kyle on Resident Evil

Ander on Wills a Fire, or is he trying They Call Him Jordan...

Looks to be the latter

They Call Him Jordan

No he not crawling out of a giant birth canal, it's Ander flashing his first V7.  External Tulips.

1 comment:

sock hands said...

i have to agree w/ you on the wind below... a must do, for certain.

and nice job to ander on tulips! that thing seemed harder to me than many other 7s in the area.